Last updated: June1, 2023
This Policy does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data provided by our clients through the provision of services and use of our products. For detailed privacy information related to instances where an Illumin8 client and/or a client affiliate that use Illumin8 products and services is the controller, please reach out to the respective client directly. We are not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of our clients, which may differ from those set forth in this Policy.
Information Collection And Use
What is Personal Data? We may collect information about you as set out in this Policy and that may include Personal Data. Personal Data may include: name, title, company name, job function, email address, telephone number, browser and device information (including IP address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies.
Why do we need your Personal Data? We will only collect and/or process your Personal Data in compliance with applicable data protection and privacy laws and in accordance with this Policy. In order to provide you with access to the Site, we may process your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree to our use of your Personal Data in line with this Policy, please do not use our Site.
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This may include:
- any Personal Data you provide to us, including name, email address, and a telephone number;
- any Personal Data you provide when you report a problem with our Site; and
- any Personal Data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we identify an initial public IP address to identify where you are located, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you by using cookies. Please refer to the sections on cookies below.
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
Disabling cookies You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site;
- to evaluate your registration on our Site or for an evaluation license;
- to deliver the services you request and manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account on our Site;
- to respond to your comments and questions;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages regarding our Site;
- to send you marketing communications, including via e-mail in compliance with applicable laws, about upcoming promotions, newsletters, new products, services, webinars, training seminars and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates;
- to link or combine user information with other Personal Data;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce this Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your Personal Data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, distribution partners, resellers, information technology and related infrastructure provision (such as Amazon Web Services), email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may share Personal Data with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
- Affiliates. We may share some or all of your Personal Data with our affiliates, in which case we will require our affiliates to comply with this Policy. In particular, you may let us share Personal Data with our affiliates where you wish to receive marketing communications from them.
- Business Restructuring. We may share Personal Data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share Personal Data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
Third Party Sites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them. For example, we may link to social media pages through widgets on our Site or we may provide links to industry reports.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We respect the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. Our Site is not directed to children under eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to register, purchase or apply online for our products, services, and other activities. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), please do not provide us with any type of information about yourself. Illumin8 is not liable for any information provided to us by a person under the age of eighteen (18).
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our systems as soon as reasonably practicable.